Last modified: October 31, 2022
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you access or use the Company’s website located at www.libertybyhillwood.com (the “Hillwood Site”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
- We collect offline or on any other Company or affiliate apps or websites, including websites you may access through the Hillwood Site.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party.
1. Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of the Hillwood Site:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us (Information You Provide to Us).
- Automatically when you use the Hillwood Site (Automatic Information Collection and Tracking).
A. Information You Provide to Us
All Users. When you use the Hillwood Site, you have the option of voluntarily contacting us though (i) the “Contact” page on the website; or (ii) through “Contact” links provided for our various divisions and projects. By contacting Hillwood, you are consenting to our replies to your communications. Communicating with us through these customer service channels allows us to answer questions and provide you with assistance. We retain the information you provide though the “Contact Us” page forms or links for general marketing purposes. By voluntarily contacting us, you may provide information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”). We may retain records and copies of your correspondence, if you contact us. If you do not want to provide us with personal information, you may simply choose not to contact us online.
Customers. We collect information from customers when they contact us through the means noted above. Customers of Hillwood have the ability to access additional functionality on the Hillwood Site.
B. Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you access and use the Hillwood Site, we use technology and analytic tools, such as Google Analytic, to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access the Hillwood Site, we may automatically use analytic tools to collect overall information regarding usage of the Hillwood Site. The analytic tools provide us with information such as numbers of unique visitors, number of visits, number of page views, the frequency, dates, and times of visits, communication data, and the resources that users access and use on the Hillwood Site.
- Device Information. We may collect information about the type of computer or device you use to access the Hillwood Site and the internet connection you use, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
- Location Information. The Hillwood Site does not collect real-time information about the location of your device.
To learn more about Google Analytics visit: https://analytics.google.com. If you do not want us to collect this information, you may opt out at any time by changing your cookies and tracking settings on your computer or device. Once provided, you may send us a request to delete your information as provided in the Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information section below. Note, however, that in some instances, opting out of tracking features will affect the accessibility or functionality of certain aspects of the Hillwood Site.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Session Cookies. A session cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone or computer, which is used only during the time you are actively on the Hillwood Site. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone or computer. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Hillwood Site or certain functionality may be disabled.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Hillwood Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related web/app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not perform behavioral tracking, such as using these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with access to the Hillwood Site and any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve the Hillwood Site and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Hillwood Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Hillwood Site.
- Provide general marketing information.
3. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose non-personally identifiable aggregated information about our users and other information that does not identify any individual or device without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our employees, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and website and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which it was disclosed to them.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates or to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about the Hillwood Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, tenants, employees, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of public safety or fraud protection.
4. Your Choices About Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Newsletters from the Company (if applicable). If you no longer wish to receive newsletters from us, you can opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the email forwarding the newsletter or by sending us an email with the subject line “Unsubscribe” stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
6. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls and is encrypted. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Hillwood Site, like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Hillwood Site. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is never completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Hillwood Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.